It’s getting closer and closer to the opening of the new Star Wars, meaning I have less and less time to marathon all of the previous movies. I’ll make it in time, I think.
Anyway, along the same vein as the BB-8 cocktail I made last week, I thought I would put together some Captain Phasma cupcakes. Based off the trailers, I am OBSESSED with this character. I think I was just shouting “CHROME TROOPER! CHROME TROOPER!” everytime I watched the trailer for about 2 weeks. It’s too soon to tell if that love will hold, but I’ll be sure to let you know once I’ve seen her in action. Just a side note… BRIENNE OF TARTH IS CAPTAIN PHASMA. EVERYTHING IS PERFECT.
While I would love to claim the marshmallow trooper head as my own, I can not. Many bloggers have used this technique before, although I’m not sure which one was first, so I will link them for credit here, here and here.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Your favorite cake mix (and any ingredients needed to make your cake)
Edible silver pearl dust
Black sugar sprinkles
Black Icing Gel
Red sugar sprinkles
Silver cupcake cups
WHAT TO DO
1. Bake cupcakes according to your instructions on the box or recipe.
2. Let cupcakes cool completely.
3. Using a butter knife, spread vanilla frosting on top of your cupcake in a smooth, somewhat circular fashion.
4. On a seperate plate, gently pour out some of your silver dust.
5. Grab a marshmallow, and pat it into the silver dust. Once a decent amount has stuck to your marshmallow, using your finger to gently rub it all over, to spread the dust evenly.
6. Pour some of your black icing onto your plate. Use a toothpick to draw the face shown in the photos onto the front of your marshmallow.
7. Gently set down your marshmallow, face up as not to smear. Grab your silver dust and gently sprinkle some onto the top of your frosted cupcake. Gently blow on the dust to help it spread over the cupcakes frosting. This is not a perfect science, so you might have to play with this a little bit.
8. Add some frosting to the bottom of your marshmallow, and stick it on top of your cupcake.
9. Grab your black sugar sprinkles, and open the top off completely, so a small spoon can fit inside. Grab a spoon full of sprinkles, and liberally pour them just over 1/2 way around the back of your marshmallow’s “head.”
*use the photos above and below as reference.
10. Using the same technique, add a small amount of red sprinkles to only one edge of the black sprinkles to finish “the cape.” Again, use photos as reference.
11. Repeat process for all of your cupcakes, and enjoy!
I of course had to add one last photo of my personal Captain Phasma:
BB-8 Dark and Stormy Cocktail Recipe here.