I have to be honest. Sometimes DIY posts can be a struggle for me, so when I come up with an idea that is super simple like this one, I am OVER JOYED, letmetellyou.
This hair comb was inspired by the crystals Jedi and Sith use to make their lightsabers. This is something that is shown/discussed for sure in The Old Republic (both SWTOR and SW:KOTOR) and also in Clone Wars. There might be other places it’s shown, but these are the ones I could source for sure.
HOW TO MAKE IT
STEPS 1 – 2
1. Apply hot glue to the end of your hair comb, where you plan on placing the first crystal.
2. Apply more hot glue to the bottom half of your 1st crystal.
STEPS 3 – 4
3. Glue the crystal to the hot glue spot on your hair comb and hold together firmly until it is stuck together.
4. To apply the next crystal, add hot glue to both the hair comb and to the side of the previous crystal. Add glue to the next crystal and stick the new crystal firmly to the comb. You may want to lay out your crystals at some point in the order you’d like them to go in, just so you are prepared.
STEPS 5 – 6
5. Continue the previous steps until all alotted crystals have been used and the top of the hair comb is complete.
6. Let dry, and carefully remove excess hot glue strands as desired.
Final Step: Wear with your favorite Star Wars outfit!
See my other DIY posts here.