I know I am apologizing on my posts a lot lately, but Im about to do it again. This look was intended to go up in time for Valentine’s Day, but life got a little crazy and I might have overshot that deadline just a bit.
Anywhoo, better late than never I always say. This might be one of the COOLEST tutorials Sofi has put together yet. Inspired by Princess Peach, you have plenty of time to practice before rocking it at Comic Con 🙂
GET THE LOOK:
STEPS 1 – 2
1. Prime the eye area with your favorite primer!
2. Blend a shimmery pink or white cream base all over the lid and slightly outside the crease.
STEPS 3 – 4
3. Pat on a light matte baby pink over ⅔ of the lid leaving the outer corner blank.
4. Blend a matte hot pink on the outer corner of the lid and into the light pink. You can also use a shadow color close to your skin tone to blend out and soften the edges.
STEPS 5 – 6
5. Using your favorite black liquid liner draw a bold wing!
6. With a liquid or cream liner draw out the shape for a little crown at the end of the wing, you can choose to cover the tip of the wing and fill it back in later (or just leave as is) or you can draw around it. I chose to draw around it because my two liners did not work well on top of each other. After drawing the shape finish by filling it in with your liner.
STEPS 7 – 8
7. Line your waterline with a creamy white pencil and carefully pat a white shadow on top to set it, this will create the illusion of larger eyes just like Peach’s!
8. We used adhesive rhinestones for this part that we bought at a craft store (note: careful with using stones with adhesive already on them because they can possibly cause skin irritation, flat back stones with eyelash glue is another option!) and we placed 3 stones on the crown, red in the center and blue on the sides. Using the same blue rhinestones we applied 3 different sizes onto the lower lid, apply the same size to each side at the same time to ensure even spacing!
STEPS 9 – 10
9. Use your favorite mascara and finish off with a shimmery white for the inner corner and brow bone highlight.
10. To further enlarge our eyes and give us that extra Princess Peach look we put on some false lashes as a final step for the eyes.
Finish off with a glossy light pink lipstick and go kick Bowser’s butt!
WHAT’S IN SOFI’S BAG
Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Primer Potion / Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk / Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk / Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette, X-Rated (matte light pink) / Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette, Swoon (matte hot pink), Noble (matte beige), Skulls (shimmery white) / Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Pop Hazel Eyes / Shade 7 (pale shimmery golden yellow) / Nyx Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Whipped Cream / Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper / Nyx Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Halo / Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara / Duo Striplash Adhesive in Dark Tone / Ardell Natural 120 Demi False Lashes
Givenchy Le Rouge-À-Porter in 201 Rose Aristocrate
And I think that about covers it! Make sure you check back for more fandom-inspired makeup tutorials or see more that Sofi has done here.