Hey everyone! I’m going to apologize for the silence over here. I have been trying really hard to get some content out to you, and I’m hoping that I will be a bit more consistent moving forward.
Now, next up is another Press Pause recipe: The Breakfast Scramble. I know I’m (still) playing a LOT of Witcher 3, so cooking complicated meals is really low on my list. I’ve had this particular meal a couple of times recently and it’s easily one of my favorites. Right out of my papa’s recipe book (and my papa was the greatest person who ever lived, soo…. it’s good).
Get the Recipe >
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2" wide slices horizontally (so not long ways, short ways)
- 1/2 russet potato
- 1-2 corn tortillas
- *Optional, 1/2 avocado
- *Optional, Tapatio or other favorite hot sauce
- Prepare your bacon by slicing into 1/2" wide strips, then set aside
- Prepare your potato by peeling off the skin, and slicing the potato into thin rounds. Then slice the rounds into quarters. This will help speed up the cooking process
- In a hot skillet, add bacon and cook for a couple of minutes. It does not need to be completely cooked at this point
- Add the potatoes to the bacon and sauté until the potatoes start become opaque
- While your potato is sautéing, slice up your corn tortillas into small strips
- Add your tortilla strips to the bacon and potatoes and let soften
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs with a fork until thoroughly scrambled
- Add your eggs to the skillet and mix in with the other ingredients
- Cook for another few minutes to your liking and then remove from skillet onto a plate
- Top with sliced avocado, salt, pepper, hot sauce or anything else you choose!
Be sure to check out my other Press Pause recipes here! 🙂