Man, have we been going CRAZY with all the Star Wars posts over here (I apologize for nothing). I’m finally am bringing back our regularly scheduled programming with Steven Universe’s Garnet. One of both mine and Sofi’s favorite characters in this series. This look is SUPER bold, but so is Garnet 😉
Also, if you ever have any questions about how to achieve any of these steps, do not hesitate to ask in the comment section. Sofi or I will get back to you as soon as we can! 😀 Now, on with the tutorial!
GET THE LOOK:
STEPS 1 – 2
1. Prime eye with your favorite primer (for this look we used concealer topped with a setting powder).
2. Using a matte cream or white liner (or other crease base) draw a triangle over the center of your lid. To smooth out the liner very gently tap on the liner with your finger
Tip: Use an angled liner brush loaded with your cream base and stamp the center of the triangle to determine your height and then stamp in the sides to better control the size of the triangle, finish by filling it in.
STEPS 3 – 4
3. Fill in the base with a matte golden yellow shadow by patting the shadow onto the liner. Don’t worry about messing up this triangle in the following steps because we will go over it later, this will only serve as a base.
4. Using a shimmery pink liner fill in the rest of the lid up to the crease and gently pat around with your finger to smooth it out. This will be the base for the red, we used a shimmery pink liner to give the red some iridescence but you can also use a red or white base to intensify the red.
STEPS 5 – 6
5. Pat on a matte red eyeshadow over the pink base going up just slightly past the crease. Blend any harsh edges away with a matte skin colored shadow.
6. Line your lash line with a bright pink liquid liner (or cream, I find liquid liner to go over eyeshadow much easier though!) and wing it out just slightly, line it on the other side of the triangle too but stop short of the inner corner.
STEPS 7 – 8
7. Using a black liquid liner draw out a bold dramatic wing right outside the pink liner, use the wing of the pink liner to cut out a jagged shape for the black liner. This wing can be as bold as you like, if going for a larger wing draw out the edges first and then fill in with liner later.
8. With fluffy blending brush take a slightly shimmery dark red and blend it around the crease, into the red shadow and liner. Also take a shimmery magenta and pat it onto the lower lide and lash line.
STEPS 9 – 10
9. Let’s fix up that triangle! Take either a cream liquid liner and go over the star completely to make it stand out, or go back to your cream/white liner and go over the star once more and re-pat with your matte golden yellow shadow.
10. Finish up with a shimmery white (we used one with an iridescent pink shift!) in the inner corner and on top of the brow bone and fix any liner. Top off with mascara and red lips!
WHAT’S IN SOFI’S BAG
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in FBI (as primer) / It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pores HD Micro-Powder (as primer, sets concealer) / Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner in Cream (matte cream liner/base) / Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Woodstock (shimmery hot pink liner/base) / Kat Von D Ink Liner in Trooper / Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette: Fran (matte golden yellow, sets the cream liner), Destroyer (matte red), Rewing (shimmery dark red) / Physician’s Formula Shimmer Strips in Pop Hazel Eyes: Shade 1 (shimmery white with iridescent pink shimmer), Shade 2 (shimmery magenta with iridescent purple shimmer) / Nyx Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Halo (matte cream yellow liner) / Nyx Vivid Brights Liquid Liner in Vivid Petal (matte bright pink liner) / Covergirl Super Sizer Mascara
Later this month we will be wrapping up the Steven Universe series with Rose Quartz. I can’t WAIT 😀
Check out Sofi’s other makeup tutorials here.